Monday, April 20, 2009

Garden Journal


The weather was incredible on Saturday! It was 75 degrees and sunny. I was able to get outside for most of the day to get some yard work done. Our city gives away wood chips so I decided to make some nice paths to keep me from sinking ankle deep in mud this spring. My tomatoes and peppers got a little sun also today...but not too much as it was their first time outside.



The plants are doing really well in the hoop house as well. I am able to pick some incredible salads daily. All the other varieties of vegetables I planted as seeds are sprouted and look very happy. The box you see in the back contains 4 potato plants. As they get larger, I will continue to fill the box and hope to get a nice size harvest. I will be planting another similar box in another area in about a month to stagger the harvest.

I am in the process of making rain barrels out of 44 gallon trash cans and will post a few pictures soon, unfortunately, it is raining out too much to go take pictures LOL. Hope to see you again soon. Kim

2 comments:

Gypsy Butterfly said...

Hello,
Your garden looks great!!!!!
I'm still waiting to plant. Hopefully I can get started by the end of May.
I am so looking forward to fresh veggies this summer.
Have a great day and happy gardening!
Lydia

Kim said...

Hi Lydia, thanks for stopping by...don't forget you can get planting now. You can get a salad garden going by planting a variety of lettuce into pots for a jump start on the harvest. Kim